Short-Term Dive Accident Coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for DAN World’s short-term dive-accident coverage?
All certified divers, divers in training, freedivers and freedivers in training between the ages of 8 and 70. Coverage is for foreign visitors only. For local divers, please direct to review affordable annual coverage options at DAN Membership & Dive Accident Coverage.
Are there any restrictions based on depth, equipment or gas mix?
How long does it take to process an application?
Once the online form is completed and submitted and payment is accepted by DAN World, coverage is confirmed and effective beginning on the start date. Confirmation of coverage will be emailed to you.
Applications can be submitted electronically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Is this coverage valid if the diver is traveling to multiple countries?
No, your customer is only covered in the country in which they purchased their DAN World short-term coverage.
Does DAN World short-term coverage replace travel insurance?
No, short-term dive-accident coverage offers different benefits than travel insurance.
DAN Membership & Dive Accident Coverage
Dive Accident Assistance Packages
- Covers diving accidents and injuries
- Choose between domestic (local) and worldwide coverage plans
- Optional travel assistance packages (with Master & Preferred)
- Worldwide travel assistance
- Access to Alert Diver and a wealth of other diving health and safety resources
- 24/7 emergency hotline
- Emergency evacuation & repatriation
- Pays 100% of eligible accident medical expenses (up to plan limit)
- DAN Medical Information Line
Optional Annual Travel Assistance Packages
- Medical expenses from accident or sickness
- Trip cancellation
- Trip interruption
- Baggage coverage
- Baggage delay
Optional travel assistance packages are available with the Master and Preferred dive accident assistance packages only.